Author Topic: Help me with my quest sequence?  (Read 37378 times)

Knightmare

• View Profile
Help me with my quest sequence?
« on: October 10, 2012, 10:26:16 AM »
hi all , i currently have the following quests open :

national cuisine
full aquarium
plant eaters
fishing tour 3
treasure seeker
tv show 1
british trace
tournament preperation 1

my question is , which of these to consentrate on completing next to further unlock other quests , if that makes sense

i need to do a quest that will give me a few more options as i am bored of seeing the same quests , as i have read up on them and they seem to take hours and with my wife so ill at the mo i wont have the time to get anywhere with them :(

added more description to the title :) - Icebear
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:28:03 PM by Icebear »

Icebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My Quests
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 08:24:52 PM »
Plant Eaters quest takes a long time to complete, so, let's put that one aside for a while. :D
If I were you I might like to do this way...

First, go to Lake Michigan and finish Tournament Preparation 1 & TV Show 1.
Also, while at it, hope that you might fish out one of the treasure chests and that may complete the Treasure Seeker quest (even though it is specified for Loch Ness, there are reports of this quest being completed at Lake Michigan also)

Completing Tournament Preparation 1 & TV Show 1 quests should trigger the game to bring up Tournament Preparation 2 and TV Show 2 (if not, go to Loch Ness and I think that should trigger these quests to come up, or you can ask support to open the quests for you.)
You can do TV Show 2 and Loch Ness portion of Tournament Preparation 2 there, and while at it also see if you can fish out a Treasure chest for Treasure Seeker.  Completing TV Show 2 should open up TV Show 3.

Then, you can move on to Amur River for TV Show 3, and also finish Amur River portion of Tournament Preparation 2, and do National Cuisine there as well, if you'd like.  Completing TV Show 3 should open up TV Show 4.

Then move on to Kanai River for TV Show 4 and the Kenai River portion of Tournament Preparation 2.
Completing TV Show 4 should open up TV Show 5.

Then move on to Key West for TV Show 5. Completing TV Show 5 should open up TV Show 6.

And then when you do TV Show 6 at Lake Victoria you can also try to complete Full Aquarium & Plant Eaters together there.
Plant Eaters quest may take some time to complete, so... while at it, every day when around the time for your treasure to show up, keep close eye on your Fish finder so that you do not miss treasure, and then hope the treasure you fish out would be one of the items needed for the British Trace quest.

This is just one of the ways to do it.  :D

Hope your better half will get well soon! :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 04:25:34 AM by Icebear »
Welcome to Official Go Fishing game forum!

veca_sa

• View Profile
Re: Need some help in planning my Quests
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »
Hi,

I don't want to open the new topic, so please can someone check my quest list.

I'm lvl. 55 and I have just 3 quests open in this moment (plant eaters, tv show4 and all the yellow perch), and they are a bit difficult.
So my question is, are there some earlier quests that are closed for me by bug or something. I wrote to support about my problem
with the quest that opens the "picnic basket" on market (one of the first quests i think), it was closed for me. they opened it for me,
i've done it and now the picnic basket is able to buy on market. Maybe there are some more quests like that?

And what quests are comming for me on lvl.s to come?

ID: 1133770590
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:33:56 PM by veca_sa »

Icebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »
Hi,

I don't want to open the new topic, so please can someone check my quest list.

I'm lvl. 55 and I have just 3 quests open in this moment (plant eaters, tv show4 and all the yellow perch), and they are a bit difficult.
So my question is, are there some earlier quests that are closed for me by bug or something. I wrote to support about my problem
with the quest that opens the "picnic basket" on market (one of the first quests i think), it was closed for me. they opened it for me,
i've done it and now the picnic basket is able to buy on market. Maybe there are some more quests like that?

And what quests are comming for me on lvl.s to come?

ID: 1133770590

Hello veca_sa, for getting your account checked for quests please send your email to  support@go-games.org and ask for assistance from our game support team. :)

And meantime, here are some other pointers:
1. Most of quests are not level-dependent but location-dependent, so... if you have any fishing location that you haven't visited in a while, then sometimes visiting these locations would trigger to bring out quests that are not yet done by you.

2. Having "just 3 quests open" is not unusual, and that itself is not any bad sign. Maybe you can tell us the total amount of quests done so far?  

3. Have you completed the series of quests to get the bone rod set?  If you've not gotten bone rod yet, you can check out this thread, and if you have not done some of the early quest then maybe you can ask the support team to open that quest for you.

4. You still have rest of the TV show quests, TV Show 5, 6, & 7 coming. Enjoy! :)

5. Have you done 2 new quests for Amur River that are newly added to the game? If not, those will be coming up when you purchase new Fishing boat (it costs 15 Pearls) and visit the new location, Hidden Meadows at Amur River.  But, it seems some players are having some unusually difficult time completing one of these quests, so maybe you would like to wait till this get sorted out by the game before doing these quests.  :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:54:30 AM by Icebear »

veca_sa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:41:11 AM »
Ok,

I will write to support then.

1. I checked all the locations, nothing new (except loosing money :D)

2. Tot. ammount  ??? have no idea

3. Bone rod quests all done, had some problem with that too, some quest wasn't open, so support opened it.

4. Tv show is the only one i'm doing now...it's pain in the....

5. Never gone to new location, i don't have the pearls to buy the boat.

Ty

Icebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 08:30:31 AM »
2. Tot. ammount  ??? have no idea

It's part of your in-game Profile data. :)
Open your game, and then click on your picture at the bottom part of the game, then click again on Green Profile button to bring up your in-game Profile, then you will find the total number of completed quests for you there. :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:32:28 AM by Icebear »

veca_sa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 08:36:43 AM »
My Go Fishing in-game Profile

changed image to link because the image was very large xp - Icebear
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:53:04 AM by Icebear »

Icebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 08:13:47 PM »
@veca_sa - Thank you for posting the screen-cap. :) I see you have 93 completed quests so far.  So, when you complete the ones that are coming later, the total number of ALL quests completed would come out about right, and if your were missing any quest(s) it would be only few, or there is a good chance that you have not missed any.

Note: The usual total number of ALL quests completed is somewhere around 97 ~ 130 (give or take few). Because the game is still evolving and quests are being added/removed, especially the seasonable ones such as Halloween series of quests, Christmas series of quests, etc., the total number of quest completed varies from one player to another. :)

(as I posted above, to find out more exact info on quests on your account, please send email to support@go-games.org and ask for assistance. :) )
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:40:11 PM by Icebear »

Gail Hudnall

• View Profile
    • Email
No quest?????
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 06:09:42 AM »
I only had 2 quest to do "Fishing DVD (4) which I was told has a bug so I have to wait until it is fixed to finish it. I also had "TV Show (5). I have been trying to do it for weeks now so I decided to skip the last part of it hoping to get another quest. I did not get one. I have done 111 quest. After I finish the one will I get another quest or did I do them all? I already am on level 60 so I can not go any farther there and if there are no more quest right now I guess I will be done with the game. It is kinda boring to just fish without looking forward to completing something. Thanks

veca_sa

• View Profile
How to trigger DVD quest?
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 07:30:48 AM »
just to ask one question.

What do i need to finish, to open the DVD quests?

Icebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No quest?????
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 07:54:35 AM »
I only had 2 quest to do "Fishing DVD (4) which I was told has a bug so I have to wait until it is fixed to finish it. I also had "TV Show (5). I have been trying to do it for weeks now so I decided to skip the last part of it hoping to get another quest. I did not get one. I have done 111 quest. After I finish the one will I get another quest or did I do them all? I already am on level 60 so I can not go any farther there and if there are no more quest right now I guess I will be done with the game. It is kinda boring to just fish without looking forward to completing something. Thanks

@Gail Hudnall -

* TV Show series of quest goes up to (7). After TV show (5) quest, comes TV show (6) quest for Lake Victoria, and then after that is TV Show (7) quest for Great Barrier Reef.   You can try getting to Lake Victoria and see if that will trigger TV Show (6) to open, and if it doesn't then you can ask the support to open TV Show (6) for you.

* I assume you have already done 2 new quests for Amur River: Burbot Search, and National Cuisine?

* After DVD (4) there will be DVD (5) which is kind of silly one that requires us to use chums.

* Also, please note that we should be getting some kind of Halloween special soon. Last year we had Wood Witch series of quests for Halloween. We don't know what we will have this year for Halloween but we know that they are planning something for this year's Halloween. So, please stay tuned for this also. :)

====

just to ask one question.

What do i need to finish, to open the DVD quests?

@veca_sa - Fishing DVD (1) quest requires us to cut fish bigger than 350 kg, curve 5 fish, and cook fried fish (i.e. no actual fishing is involved), and I don't quite remember what triggers it. You can try going to Key West and see if that would trigger it, and if that does not trigger it to open Fishing DVD (1) quest, you can send email to support@go-games.org and ask to open Fishing DVD (1) quest for you. On your email make sure to include your Facebook ID # or the link to your Facebook account so that they can check your Go Fishing account. :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:58:05 AM by Icebear »

Gail Hudnall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 06:30:52 PM »
Thank you again Icebear. Yes I have done the new ones. I went to lake victoria and it did not open the quest so I am going to ask support to open it for me. I know they are taking a long time right now to answer and it is the weekend so I may not hear from them for awhile. Oh well I will still send gifts to friends and the chest and just wait.

Icebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 09:10:32 PM »
You're very welcome, Gail Hudnall, and thank you for your help and understanding for the current situation. :)

veca_sa

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 12:41:46 PM »
just to inform...

finally finished the quest "all the yellow perch" .... advice...go to dark waters, 1,5kg set, wait for the 5 fish on radar and use minnows. works fine.

now i got very difficult quest..."fish broth" where i have to : 1. catch northern pike, 2. catch fish with caviar, 3. get thin algae  ;D ;D ;D

very very difficult  :D :D :D

anyone knows, after this quest...what is to come?

Icebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 05:46:01 AM »
just to inform...

finally finished the quest "all the yellow perch" .... advice...go to dark waters, 1,5kg set, wait for the 5 fish on radar and use minnows. works fine.

now i got very difficult quest..."fish broth" where i have to : 1. catch northern pike, 2. catch fish with caviar, 3. get thin algae  ;D ;D ;D

very very difficult  :D :D :D

anyone knows, after this quest...what is to come?

@veca_sa - Congratulations for completing "All The Yellow Perch" quest! That one is quite a "pain" isn't it.  :D

I think there are bunch of quests that usually show up shortly before/after "All The Yellow Perch" quest (order of which they show up vary from player to player depending on which location the player was in at the time of completion of one quest/what other locations the player had been in, what other quests that player had completed, etc.), and because not knowing which other quests you have already done, it is hard to tell what quest, if any, will show up after your completing "Fish Broth" quest.  I think usual ones players possibly see around the time (before/after) of "Fish Broth" quest include: "Sam's Birthday", "Pig Strike", "Fish Farm", "Fishing Picnic", "You're on TV!" series, "Bad Fish" series, "Clear Water", etc. :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:32:44 PM by Icebear »