Author Topic: Golden fever (1) - Golden Fever event  (Read 4437 times)

pkg123

• View Profile
    • Email
Golden fever (1) - Golden Fever event
« on: May 19, 2016, 07:18:39 pm »
Mod note:
Please discuss Golden fever (1) quest here :)

In general for all Gold fish,
All Gold fishes can be caught on most of available lures. If you have spin tackle, use lure that is available for your level.
If using float tackle, Frogs, Fruit flies, Fresh Meat, Cheese, Snake Pieces, Lobster, etc. are good bait to use.

See this page for Gold fish guide for Gold Dorado and Gold Arraia.
Both fish give nice XPs and have nice coins re-sale value. 

After the completion of the quest, save Snake Pieces for Golden fever (5) quest. :)

==================================

==============================
Looks like this quest has resurfaced in the new version of the game but this time they can be caught at Lake Baikal?  Has anyone had any luck or have any suggestions in the new game?  I assume they can be caught at Mysterious Train as going there is the first task.

Icebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Golden fever (1)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 09:34:22 pm »
Hello pkg123, overall I think it is easier to catch these Gold colored fish this time around. It seems practically any and all of spin lures catch them, so players can use lures that are available for his/her level & budget. :) Or, players can use float tackle with a variety of bait (Minnows, smelts, Fresh meats, Cheese, etc. etc.). Some of these these Gold fish are rather large, so I recommend using largest tackle you have.  Good luck! :)
Welcome to Official Go Fishing game forum!

Icebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Golden fever (1)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 04:38:43 pm »
merged thread :)
Welcome to Official Go Fishing game forum!

pkg123

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Golden fever (1)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 01:44:39 pm »
The heaviest tackle I have is 150kg so I that is what I used.  Found success catching Gold Dorado at Mill House using Frogs (no other coin purchased bait worked for me).  Found success catching Gold Arraia at Sunset Cliff using Fresh Meat (no other coin purchased bait worked for me).  Was able to catch these at all the Lake Baikal locations.  Averaged about 1.5 per 10 bait used.

vapor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 04:05:22 pm »
Caught the gold arraia at sunset cliff fresh meat , caught the gold dorado at both millhouse and far croft with frogs ,, 150kg hook and line with 100kg rod

Staci

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 07:28:38 pm »
Gold Dorado at Mill House with Frogs, was very in frequent at a depth of 3, I switched to just blow the 2 and it seemed to help pulling them out with more consistency.